• Residential Camper: $455.00 and will increase to $495.00 on June 2, 2020
• Commuter Camper (Full Camp): $355.00 and will increase to $395.00 on June 2, 2020
-The Full Camp option will check-out at 8:30 P.M. each day (except for the 11:00 am check-out on the final day).
• Commuter Camper (Day Only): $295.00 and will increase to $350.00 on June 2, 2020
-The Day Only option will check-out at 4:00 P.M. each day (except for the 11:00 am check-out on the final day).
• Monday Check-In: 1:00 - 2:00 pm
• Thursday Check-Out: 11:00 am
Camp Philosophy: This camp is designed to promote an atmosphere that will expose athletes of every level to wrestling techniques that have proven successful for beginner to advanced wrestlers. Throughout camp we will give each camper the opportunity to use this technique in a wrestling match and live competition situations. Campers will have the opportunity to learn and train alongside the Brown University coaching staff. Our camp staff has had success at every level from youth competition to the International level and we are sure that everyone will learn and grow during their time at camp.
Camp Format: Each session lasts approximately two hours with the first part of the day devoted toward learning technique and ending with live wrestling competition at the end of the day. Live wrestling will be formatted in various ways throughout the camp to promote and solidify technique taught in the morning sessions. A mix of situational wrestling, takedown matches, top/bottom, and full wrestling matches will be utilized to test and sharpen campers learned skills.
Dining: Meals are served in the Brown University dining hall prior to each session. We offer an “all you can eat” buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner for residents. Full commuters will receive lunch and dinner. Day commuters will receive lunch.
Pool & Free Time: Campers will have the opportunity to play games, watch video, interact with other campers, and use the indoor pool inside the Nelson Fitness Center outside of the camp sessions. Free swim times and more information will be available at registration.
What to Bring:
• Workout gear, wrestling shoes, running shoes headgear (optional), knee-pads (optional), & mouthpiece (optional)
• Casual clothes (to wear outside camp sessions)
• Towel, swim suit, flip flops (optional)
• Blanket and sheets or sleeping bag
• Room fan
• Spending money for snacks and camp gear
*T-Shirt included for all participants. Brown wrestling apparel will also be available to purchase throughout the camp.
Daily Schedule (Subject to change):
*For all days except registration and check out. Registration and check out day schedule will be provided at registration.
7:15 AM • Wake-Up
7:30 - 8:30 AM • Breakfast: All-You-Can-Eat
8:30 AM • Commuter Arrival (All days except check in day)
9:00 - 11:00 AM • Technique & Competition Session I
12:00 - 1:00 PM • Lunch: All-You-Can-Eat
1:30 - 3:30 PM • Technique & Competition Session II
5:00 pm • Day Only Commuter Pick Up at the Gym
4:00 - 5:00 PM • Pool & Free Time*
5:00 - 6:00 PM • Dinner: All-You-Can-Eat
6:30 - 8:30 PM • Technique & Competition Session III
8:30 PM • Commuter Pick Up at the Gym
9:00 - 10:30 PM • Free Time and Store Open: Pizza, Drinks, and Brown Wrestling Gear
11:00 PM • Lights Out
*Pool times may vary throughout the camp
**Each session will consist of an hour of technique and a wrestling competition
About the Area: Providence, Rhode Island’s capital, brings you over 200 years of history. Considered America’s Renaissance City, Providence has a great deal to offer: museums, theaters, a new convention center, historic sites, other colleges and universities, an award-winning zoo, lots of shopping, fine hotels and world class dining.
Discounts and Financial Assistance:
• Children of Brown University Employees & Military Discounts: Please email [email protected] with the full name of the Brown employee or proof of service to receive a promo code for $25 off your camp registration at the time of purchase.
• Siblings & Group Discounts: If you plan on registering two or more siblings or a team of 8 or more, please register at full price then email [email protected] to be issued a rebate of $25 for each camper.
• Need Based Financial Aid: This camp also offers need-based financial assistance. If you are interested in applying for assistance, please email [email protected]
Only one discount per camper may be applied.
Important Health Advisory
Due to recent outbreaks of measles, in consultation with Brown University’s Health Services and General Counsel’s Office, Pre-College Programs and Sports Camps are prohibiting any student or athlete from attending these programs if they have not completed the measles vaccinations.
This decision was made because of the structure of the summer programs: measles is a highly infectious disease that can incubate for two weeks before any symptoms appear. Given that many of our students and athletes are present on campus from anywhere from 1 day to 3 weeks, and then depart, the opportunities for this disease to be spread within and beyond our community is significant enough to warrant this kind of decision.
Brown University Sports Camps are open to any and all entrants that meet the listed age requirements for each camp.