Application Fee Waivers
Eligibility for an Application Fee Waiver
You may request an application fee waiver for one of the following reasons:
- You are approved for a free or reduced school lunch program in the U.S. for the current year, including need-based school-wide free lunch programs under the Community Eligibility Provision. (If you attend a private school where meals are included in the tuition fee, you may qualify for a free/reduced lunch waiver if you receive a significant need-based scholarship in order to attend your school.)
- You are enrolled in a school in the Providence Public School District (PPSD) in Rhode Island.
- You are associated with an official Brown Pre-College partner organization and have been named a Partner Scholar Nominee by that organization. (You will need to select your partner organization from a drop-down list when requesting a partner fee waiver. Only listed partner organizations are eligible.)
- You are the dependent of a benefits-eligible Brown University employee who has been employed by the University for at least six months.
If approved, the application fee waiver eliminates the application fee only; it does not reduce the actual cost of the program. Please review the Program Dates & Costs page for further information.
Approval of an application fee waiver request does not automatically qualify you for additional financial aid in the form of a scholarship. Please explore the scholarship opportunities that may be available to eligible applicants. Most scholarship opportunities have specific eligibility requirements and require a separate scholarship application that must be submitted by the specified deadline.
How to Apply for Application Fee Waiver
- The application fee waiver request is located within the program application.
- Near the end of your application, you will be asked if you want to request an application fee waiver. Once you answer, “yes,” you will need to select your qualifying reason for the waiver (see above).
- You may be required to submit documentation supporting your eligibility to receive an application fee waiver.
- You will receive notification of your fee waiver approval or denial in your student portal. Please allow 1-3 business days for review. The billing team will reach out by email if additional information is needed.
- If the fee waiver is denied, you will be responsible for paying the application fee or withdrawing your application. Applications will only be reviewed for acceptance to the program once the waiver is approved or the fee is paid.
Questions regarding application fee waivers? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.