Application Fee Waivers
You may request an application fee waiver for one of the following reasons:
- You attend a U.S. school that provides need-based school-wide free lunch through the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP). (Universal free lunch programs are not eligible.)
- You attend a U.S. school and are eligible for individual free or reduced lunch for the current academic year. (If you are home-schooled and eligible for SNAP benefits, you can select this option. If you attend a U.S. private school where meals are included in the tuition fee and you receive a significant need-based scholarship - greater than 75% - in order to attend your school, you can select this option.) You will need to provide proof of your eligibility by uploading a copy of your free or reduced school lunch approval, or proof of eligibility for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, or a need-based scholarship award letter if you attend a private school or a verification form completed by a school official.
- You are enrolled in a school in the Providence Public School District (PPSD) in Providence, Rhode Island.
- You are associated with an official Brown Pre-College partner organization and have been named a Partner Scholar Nominee by that organization. (You will need to select your partner organization from a drop-down list when requesting a partner fee waiver. Only listed partner organizations are eligible.)
- You are the dependent of a benefits-eligible Brown University employee who will have been employed by the University for at least six months by June 1, 2024.
If approved, the application fee waiver eliminates the application fee only; it does not reduce the actual cost of the program. Please review the Program Dates & Costs page for further information.
Approval of an application fee waiver request does not automatically qualify you for additional financial aid in the form of a scholarship. Please explore the scholarship opportunities that may be available to eligible applicants. Most scholarship opportunities have specific eligibility requirements and require a separate scholarship application that must be submitted by the specified deadline.
- The application fee waiver request is located within the program application.
- Near the end of your application, you will be asked if you want to request an application fee waiver. Once you answer, “yes,” you will need to select your qualifying reason for the waiver (see above).
- You may be required to submit documentation supporting your eligibility to receive an application fee waiver.
- You will receive notification of your fee waiver approval or denial in your student portal. Please allow 1 to 3 business days for review. The billing team will reach out by email if additional information is needed.
- If the fee waiver is denied, you will be responsible for paying the application fee or withdrawing your application. Applications will only be reviewed for acceptance to the program once the waiver is approved or the fee is paid.